Electricity is essential to the development of all commercial and industrial sectors worldwide. Power demands increase each year, resulting in a constant search for new energy sources.
At AVL Abogados, we recognize the importance and future of the power sector in the Ecuadorian market and our clients’ need for specialized legal counsel in this area. We know the potential for renewable energy and its market trends, and this facilitates decision-making to harness opportunities for generation projects.
Our law team offers versatile counsel with the technical knowledge to speak the same language as your developers and designers.
- Negotiating a concession and financing for an Ecuadorian company owning two photovoltaic plants in northern Ecuador, the first under 1 MW and the second over 2 MW, which we supported and counseled through the process of obtaining both licenses and financing with the IDB, CAF and Produbanco.
- Negotiating credit with the Exim Bank of Russia to purchase combined cycle turbines for the Termomachala project for over US$ 150 million.
- Negotiating financing for the Coca Codo Sinclair and Sopladora Hydroelectric Plants from Ecuador's Ministry of Finance in coordination with the Corporación Eléctrica del Ecuador (CELEC – Electric Corporation of Ecuador), with the Exim Bank of China and the Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
- Negotiating several photovoltaic plant concessions for an Italian business group in the provinces of Loja and Los Ríos.
- Negotiating and re-negotiating the Hidrotambo hydroelectric plant concession and leveraging trust schemes for financing, as well as obtaining modification contracts and authorizations for assignment of rights.
- Pursuing several motions for review of revocation and expiry procedures for domestic and foreign companies before the Regulatory Agency for the industry.