We are one of the Ecuadorian firms that first ventured into the mining industry, about 30 years ago. As both external and in-house lawyers, we have accompanied our clients in all phases of the industry, including the exploration, production, refining, and commercialization of minerals.
We advise our clients in their day-to-day operations, ensuring compliance with mining regulations and related areas. We help mining activities to be carried out in compliance with applicable law, minimizing conflicts and risks with the State, communities, workers, and the environment.
- Successfully advised two of the three negotiations for mining development contracts that have been carried out in Ecuador.
- Took part in the transaction teams to secure permits and licenses for large-scale mining projects.
- Took part in the negotiating teams to negotiate two Investment Protection contracts.
- Took part in the sale of Kinross Gold Corporation assets in Ecuador.
- Counseled the National Mining Company (ENAMI) on putting together Public-Private Partnerships to develop mining projects.
- Counseled on the preparation and implementation of instruments for the financing of mining projects for over one billion dollars.
- Counseled on various mining project investment processes in Ecuador involving Farm-in Arrangements, Option Agreements, Joint Ventures, etc., and mining company acquisitions and concession transfers, among others.