Oil & Gas
At AVL we are distinguished by our broad coverage of all legal aspects relating to hydrocarbons. We provide legal counsel in everything related to oil & gas, with our team providing support on upstream (exploration, exploitation and production) and downstream (refining, transportation and marketing) operations.
Our clients include private and state-owned companies, and we have worked on all kinds of development and financing contracts, including:
– Fuel or raw material supply contracts.
– Service and shared production agreements.
– Operation and maintenance contracts.
– Joint operation agreements.
– Contracts for unified production of common fields and joint ventures.
– Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and EPCM contracts.
– Public-private partnerships.
– Implementation contracts.
– Contracts for investment protection, licenses, permits.
– Participation agreements.
- Participating on an oil contracts negotiating team to obtain US$ 1 billion in financing from Chinese commercial banks
- Participating on an Ecuadorian negotiating team to finance a $ 195-million thermoelectric project
- Consultancy to win a tender to develop a 50-MW solar power generating plant
- Representing local corporate affairs to contribute to an oil exploration and production project for three oil fields in Ecuador
- Representing companies seeking oil service projects and strategic partnerships in Ecuador
- Participating in the process of selling an oil company with two oil blocks in Ecuador
- Participating in the negotiation of a unified production agreement for a shared reservoir
- Participating on a team to renegotiate participation contracts
- Participating on a negotiation team to migrate the participation contract to a service contract
- Participating on a negotiation team to transfer the rights to a participation contract
- Participating on a team responsible for assessing the OCP company
- Participating on a team to negotiate a contract between a private party and the Monteverde Oil Terminal